Wednesday, October 15, 2008

First few days...


Hey everyone! I'm finally here in Africa, I didn't really think this day would every come, but here it is! We got here late Friday night and have been pretty busy ever since. First, I can't really do anything here. I knew to expect that, but it's weird to actually experience it. I can't drive, cook, talk, find my way around, nothing. When people try to talk to me all I can do is look at them dumbly and hope they understand that I'm not being mean, I just have no idea what they're saying or how to respond.
All we've really done so far is get to meet some of the other m's here, go around the market and explore some, and learn how to story. All of the people groups here are oral, so we're learning how to story the Bible for them.
It's not nearly as hot here as I thought it would be, and it's really beautiful. The people here are really friendly, they just don't speak English and I don't speak French or Bambara so I can't really talk to them, but hopefully soon!
So far it's been a lot of fun and I really love it here.
Please pray that I will be able to learn the language quickly and drive safely. Driving here is crazy and I'm terrible at driving a stick shift, so this should be interesting...

No comments: