Monday, September 6, 2010

I can't think of a title....

My time here is really winding down! I have less than two months left. I extended my term by three months, so my term should really be over by now. I can't believe how quickly time has flown by.
Some really exciting things have been going on here in Mali. A few months ago, there was a training done by some men from Burkina Faso for believers here. The training was on how to share the gospel orally using Bible stories and was for any believer, not just pastors or church leaders. Believers came from all over the country to participate in this training and even put into practice what they had learned.
A couple weeks ago, two of the men who participated in these trainings decided to go to villages and train the people there as well. My supervisor and I went with them to these three villages to watch and help when needed. The people who are in this training first learn a "hook" story, which is really just a story to see if people are interested in hearing more or not. They also learned how to share their testimony and then the gospel, starting with creation and the fall and ending with what Christians do today as a result of our salvation. The believers are required to put into practice what they are learning at the training, and many people were able to here the gospel as a result. Please pray that these believers will have a heart for the lost in their villages and will continue to share faithfully.
Embarrassing story from the trip: Bathrooms in the village are outside and have no door. If you are lucky the walls overlap enough so that no one can see in but ofter times it's just an open space you walk in and you have to be careful to not accidentally scoot in front of it while you are bathing. I was bathing one night and some kids started acting like they were coming in. I screamed," Mogo be, Mogo be!!" which means, someone's in here. They started dying laughing and I realized they were being punks. It happened again, I screamed, they laughed, and I decided I was not playing this game anymore. No matter what happened I would keep my mouth shut.
A few minutes later I heard them say no one was in the bathroom but I didn't pay any attention. Shortly after, a man walked in! They told him to come in! He was mortified and ran out and I was less embarrassed but still a little. Those kids are lucky that I thought it was too funny to be mad!

Prayer Request: Right now Muslims are observing Ramadan, which is a a religious holiday where they fast during the day for 40 days and at the end they pray all night for power from Allah. Please pray that as they are fasting and praying that God will show them the Truth.


No comments: