Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Village

Hey! Here are some pictures from the village. We had such a good time. We got to visit a lot with a pastor and his family and their church. There are so few Malian Christians so it's really cool when you get to know them. Not that I could really talk to them much, since they don't speak English and my Bambera is "small small," sometimes pick out words and figure out a little. We ate peanut butter sauce 4 times! my FAVORITE! Life out there is really nice, I think it's better than Bamako. It's not so dirty and stinky. They live in cute little huts and there are lots of trees and mountains and not so many cars. We went to the little market everyday and I even carried something on my head. They can carry anything on their heads and they make it look so easy. It's deceiving. I just carried some fabric on my head and all the people wend "Eh?!?" They make that noise a lot, it's like "What?!?" I got about 5 steps before I had to fix it. It's really hard. Maybe one day. They carry huge buckets of water without spilling a drop. It's amazing.
Yesterday we went to this waterfall! It was really hard to find and the roads were terrible, but it was worth it! We swam and read and worshipped. It was wonderful.



































No comments: